Tuesday, August 12, 2008

And the winner is...

Our cruise took place during an interesting week. Lots of things happening in the world. We certainly had access to the news. Because Disney owns ABC, we weren't able to watch the Olympics on NBC. (we substituted the Wii Olympics...still lots of fun & it came with hot wings and nachos, but no opening ceremonies) We followed the sudden death of Bernie Mac, the invasion of Georgia, and John Edward's "mistake."* Another interesting aspect of that week was that nearly all of the summer reality shows had their finales. Before we left, I made sure the TiVo would record all those finales, then I carefully avoided any news report that might refer to the winners. Imagine my surprise when I learned that the media considers a war to be more pressing news than the Next HGTV Design Star!

By the way, may God bless and keep the inventor of TiVo, and may he and his descendants live long and prosper. Also, the fellow who came up with the oscillating fan. Love you, man,

Anyway, Monday morning I arose very early, and began watching the finales. Oh, yes; and God bless the inventor of the fast forward button.

Design Star: Loved them both. Thrilled that she won. But I would have TiVo'd his shows.

America's Best Dance Crew: semi-finals. Can I really stand one more week of Li'l Mama and her outlandish grammar? Oh, I do love the fast forward button!

Nashville Star: YES! Melissa rocks. I've already downloaded her single.

So You Think You Can Dance: Once Will was eliminated, I didn't really care who won. LOVED Katee, but I'm happy with adorable Joshua.

The Mole: My first year to watch this show, and I was confused a LOT. But I had Craig pegged as The Mole from week 3. I'm glad Mark won because he's a caring husband & father, and had expressed that his desire was for his wife to be a stay-at-home mom to their 4 kids. Awww...

Shear Genius: hasn't ended yet. Kinda too bad. What a bunch of divas.

Project Runway: just barely started. Yay! What a bunch of divas.

Oh, reality television...I confess I missed you more than my dog. You entertain me, you challenge me, you are ever interesting. Plus you don't shed on the furniture.



*Dear Mr. Edwards, A "mistake" is when you mismatch your socks or forget to add salt to the potato salad. Your actions were premeditated, selfish, sneaky, and purposeful. Shame on you.

No comments:

site counter

Powered By Blogger

Me (blah blah blah)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed