Thursday, November 29, 2007

Enchanting Enchanted


A lovely, silly PG-rated film. I went with Bethany, and we laughed out loud. A lot. Then we stayed for the very last of the credits to see who did the music...and walked out singing a few of the songs by Alan Menkin (Little Mermaid, Beauty & the Beast, Aladdin) and Stephen Schwartz (Prince of Egypt, Pocahontas, Godspell, Wicked). A few days later I took my grandkids, and even the 5-year-olds were enthralled. So were Sarah and Bill. The adults especially got a kick out of the hidden Disney allusions throughout the movie...not to mention Wicked, Rent, and Hairspray, the stars of which were in the film. I'm actually surprised there wasn't a poster for Grey's Anatomy plastered on the side of a bus!

Now, I must say there was another rodent (a chipmonk this time) in another restaurant, so I did have a brief "Bleh" moment. Apparently the fine people at Disney approve of, perhaps even encourage, vermin in their kitchens, so I guess I'll just have to let it go.

But you won't see me in line for the Blue Bayou.

1 comment:

lovemyguys said...

Patrick Dempsy doing the cowboy dance at the end was TOTALLY my favorite part. I will buy it, if not just for that tiny little part! It was great!

site counter

Powered By Blogger

Me (blah blah blah)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed