Friday, May 16, 2008

Just in case...

...in case you were one of the 3 people still following my posts about Uncle Alvin's trip, here's the update. He got here, and he got home. blah blah blah. I got so tired of his dismal reaction to all things California, I just couldn't face typing another post.

The rest of his story is truly tragic. Uncle Alvin was pastoring a small Lutheran congregation in Minnesota as he finished his seminary education. On the day of his graduation, he was at a school picnic, and drowned. My mother-in-law was just a teenager, and had lost her mother only a few years earlier. It's amazing to me what a sunny, delightful person my m/i/l was, having come from such a family of sad, sad people.

I have copies of all Uncle Alvin's sermons. I promise I won't post any of them.

No comments:

site counter

Powered By Blogger

Me (blah blah blah)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed