Sunday, July 20, 2008

See the USA in your Chevrolet...

Yesterday, Sarah asked me to go to Raceway Ford to look at a Kia minivan with her. We decided to stop by two little used car lots near our homes before we drove to Raceway. We are among a large part of the Riverside population that has had memorable experiences at Raceway...and not in a good way! Anyway, the first place had the consumate used car salesman: loud, patterned shirt and shiny pleated dress pants, tassles on his loafers. When Sarah asked if he had for anything for $5000, he answered, "Yes, I sure do. I have this one for just $7400, and this one for $6800." Hmmm. good math skills, fella.

The second guy had a little white Chevy Malibu he would sell her for $5000. It needed a new manifold gasket, which he is having his mechanic fix tomorrow. He is including a 50/50 warranty, which means if anything goes wrong in the next 30 days, he'll split the cost of repairs.

I think she's making her best choice. She's very excited. She told me Bill asked if I could go with her when she went back to pay for the car, because even though they are adults, it would be nice to have a "grown up" go with her. But I didn't go. I went out to dinner with Krista instead. Sarah was a grown up all by herself.

Isn't she big?

No comments:

site counter

Powered By Blogger

Me (blah blah blah)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed