Monday, January 7, 2008

At Last, A Really Helpful Kids' Site

Rockin' Robbie has been struggling with memorizing his times tables. Tonight I found this on-line video game designed by actual PS gamers, so the graphics are great, and the critters run the gamult from cute enough for girls to creepy enough for boys. My favorite part: nobody dies; if you run out of time, the ogre bops you with his club, and you start over. It's a little tricky to maneuver, because you have to use the keyboard and mouse simultaneously...it didn't seem to slow Robs down much.

Bottom line: my little guy told me last week that he hates math because multiplication is so hard. Tonight I had to drag him away from this game, and by the time I did, he had mastered some tough facts.

Oh, I forgot to mention one thing; you can download one version for FREE!

PS. Next morning, I quizzed Robbers on the problems he had encountered the night before, and he knew every single one. Plus, he was grinning and excited to give me those answers with absolutely NO hesitation! I think this one may be a winner.

No comments:

site counter

Powered By Blogger

Me (blah blah blah)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed