Saturday, January 5, 2008

Midnight Train to Georgia...but not yet!


I have always described myself as a Pip; happy to be singing, contented to stand behind and a little to the left of Gladys. Today that life-long avocation will be kicked up a notch. My Team will be singing back-up for Sylvia Lange, a wonderfully talented vocalist. And I...humble Pip that I am...will be singing the alto part with her on one of her songs.

Now, we all know Gladys shot to stardom, (and random appearances on reality shows and various Expert Judge panels) apparently leaving the Pips back in ATL. And Sylvia will certainly leave me after this weekend. My brief taste of fame over, I'll happily switch to my true Gladys. (oh, Adam; you'll always be my Number One!)

But here's what I have learned: The Pips worked really really hard for Gladys. They wanted to sing only the correct notes, knowing their part well enough to enable them to sing it well, while smiling (and dancing a bit, which I will certainly NOT be doing.) I, too, have been working hard to learn my part well, so I can back up Sylvia, and have fun doing it.

Do I work this hard on my music for any "regular" Team weekend? Do I work this hard on the songs for our weekly Women's Bible Studies? Do I put in enough time and effort to be a good Pip in any task God calls me to?

Do you?

1 comment:

Christina Ellis said...

Great job this weekend Pip! Sounded awesome!

site counter

Powered By Blogger

Me (blah blah blah)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed