Sunday, December 23, 2007

Aren't you glad it's not your Christmas gift!

I have some friends at work who are my age, and we suffer from the same Oldish Lady Symptoms. We all wake up in the wee wee hours (my choice of words will indicate what it is which typically awakens us Oldish Ladies) and can't get back to sleep. So we compared notes on what was the dumbest thing we ever bought on HSN or QVC in the dead of night, when they put on the junk only sleep-deprived Oldish Ladies will buy. Friend Pam won: a Singing Bathroom Santa. Nice.

On a completely different note, I've been tracking a purchase I recently made. (Just for clarification, I was almost entirely awake, so it's not by any means an impulse purchase. I really really need this. In fact, I apparently need two of them. Never mind what it is.) Anyway, I check the USPS site daily to watch the progress of this item. I ordered it on December 14, on which day it shipped from Reno NV to my home in Southern California. Let's accompany my little purchase on it's Christmas journey, shall we?

Dec 15: 2:20 AM Pickup RENO, NV
Dec 16: 2:20 AM Sort Center Arrival SACRAMENTO, CA
Dec 17: 9:29 AM Sort Center Departure SACRAMENTO, CA
Dec 17: 3:58 PM Sort Center Arrival LOS ANGELES, CA
Dec 21: 8:07 AM Sort Center Departure NEW BERLIN, WI


Reno to Riverside via Wisconsin. That's governmental efficiency in practice. I'll let you know if it ever arrives. And if it's as marvelous in actual use as it is on tv, I might even tell you what it is. And what song he sings.

1 comment:

lovemyguys said...

No, you were right the first time. You NEED it. And so do I. Thanks, Mom. WE need it! I can't wait till we finally get them. By way of.....

site counter

Powered By Blogger

Me (blah blah blah)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed