Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Wha....?


Robbs and Cameron attend a wonderful school with dedicated teachers who spend countless hours trying to instill grammar, math, science and social studies into the minds of the children. They are supported by a hard-working PTO which generally does much good for the school with fund raising and various programs. This time of year, the PTO provides a little store where the children can purchase inexpensive gifts. It's in a classroom all decked out for shopping, with a big banner in the window that reads "KID'S KORNER HOLIDAY SHOPPE"

Really? The cutesy Londonesque allusion is one thing; maybe they want the children to embrace our Dickensonian roots. But what about the blatantly misspelled word? These poor kids are now doomed to listen to Korn while they dine at Kountry Kitchen and shop at Toys R Us.

Who thought this was a good idea?

5 comments:

Elissa said...

I'm always annoyed that retailers in America seem to think it's a good idea use a completely wrong spelling for their advertising purposes...can I tell you how much I HATE the Target ads?!? They are "fabu-less" and this, according to their own word play! I guess it's a trickle down effect - now we do it in school too - ugh!

Jeff and Yvonne Weinstein said...

And I am in a perpetual state of wobbly confusion over the use of the apostrophe in this sign. I suppose that this is a place for only one nice little goat or for a person named kid. Not for several little goats (wouldn't that be kids' ?) It is so wobbly in my brain that I can't be certain these days.....

lovemyguys said...

Not me. The first thought in my head was, "Who's brilliant idea was this?" Way to teach the kids. Their principal makes me growl....

Bethany said...

Ha ha! This is a great sentence...

"These poor kids are now doomed to listen to Korn while they dine at Kountry Kitchen and shop at Toys R Us."

I can't even tell you how many times I saw the phrase "Kid's Kamp" or "Kid's Korner" or "Kid's Koming to Krist" when I worked at Empowering Kids. (ok, I made up that last one)

Bill Dickson said...

As long as they be learned good at home, its awl goode!

site counter

Powered By Blogger

Me (blah blah blah)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed