Saturday, December 8, 2007

My Early Christmas Gift


Our Christmas program was presented this weekend. It was a play about a couple of angels who are struggling to understand why God would give up heaven and be born as a human baby. Very fun and silly, with amazing music. And then there were the dancers...

Our dancers are always wonderful. Mariel Coe is a gifted choreographer. Becky, Cindy, Jennifer, Hanni -- all talented, graceful. And there was a child with them, a beautiful little girl with long, curly blond hair. I'd never seen her before. She began to dance around the manger, and I began to weep. It was as though my own little Baylee, gone almost five years, was dancing on that stage. And I was reminded of what Robbie, then three years old, said about his lost sister: "She's dancing with Jesus now".

Thank you, Lord, for a picture of my precious granddaughter, now with You, now dancing in celebration of Your Son. No Christmas gift will ever match it.

No comments:

site counter

Powered By Blogger

Me (blah blah blah)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed