Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Efficiency Expert


Are you a list maker? Me, too. Sometimes I buy note pads that come with preprinted boxes to check off at the completion of each task. Sometimes, I draw the little boxes myself. Sometimes I add stuff I've already done, just so I can check off a few extra boxes. Wow, I am accomplishing a LOT today. Look at me go. Sometimes I write "make a To-Do list" as my first item, then check it off. My truly favorite way is to get a pad of Post Its, --not the cutesy kind; this is serious efficiency work; I need the REAL ones, yellow and square --and write one task on each page. Then I line up the little notes, maybe stick them to the 'fridge or the dashboard (not over the speedometer or gas gauge, though; that's just careless), and as each job is completed, I RIP it off and throw it away. Oops...better add "empty waste basket" to the list...

Today I have to:
~ go to work
~ go to the bank
~ wallpaper my kitchen
~ meet with Pastor Roy to discuss the funeral
~ clear out Wedding Central aka my office (the wedding was a month ago!)
~ re-rearrange my new living room furniture til I get it just right
~ call a carpet cleaner (before the Health Dept finds out about the playroom)
~ call Salvation Army...old couches are clogging up the front porch
~ clean the house for weekend company
~ choose a Boy to spend the night
~ stay awake for tonight's episode of SYTYCD

So want to come over for a visit today? I'll make a nice cake. Let's see, cake mix, eggs, oil ...hey, where's that note pad?

2 comments:

Jessica (Probst) Eveland said...

Ahhh, a woman after my own heart. I keep all my To List in the same notebook - new page for a new day. Sometimes, I like to look back over all my lists and see everything that I have accomplished. I love the sticky notes too - my fave is the neon green, they really stand out. After I am finished with that task, I tape it in my notebook. Ummm...wow, I just realized how weird that is.

Kay said...

Never EVER buy a Mac computer. The yellow sticky notes are virtual and you can paste them all over the screen. But you can't crumple them up; you will be miserable!

site counter

Powered By Blogger

Me (blah blah blah)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed