Friday, August 3, 2007

My Girls

Here is a photo of me and my support system. We have the privilege of leading worship for our Women's Bible Study each Thursday morning.

Kay is an amazing pianist/vocalist/arranger/song writer. She is a devoted child of God, and listens carefully to His heart. Then she takes what she hears from Him, and generously gives it to us in the form of a new song or a life lesson. I am in awe of her frankness and willingness to share those lessons with us. Isn't she beautiful? Believe me, that beauty comes from the very core of this wonderful woman.

Diane is so flexible. She can sing the highest notes with perfect pitch and clarity. She and Kay take turns singing the melody, but when we add that high obligato part, it's usually Diane singing it. She also plays the piano. There's not a hymn you can name that she can't just start playing, by ear, with all the chords and runs and trills and other piano-y stuff. The letter in her pocket? Probably an informational letter about one of the many quilting retreats she hosts each year. Talented lady, my Diane.

As for the other face in this photo, when did my mother join the trio??

3 comments:

Elissa said...

Wow - if that's your mother she's beautiful...and insanely young looking! Ha, ha.

Kay said...

You are so kind!

TheEpicBeat said...

Given any more thought to that thing we talked about? I dig the pic. You guys should start a band...get a myspace music page...start gigging.

site counter

Powered By Blogger

Me (blah blah blah)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed