Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Baby, You Can Drive Me Crazy

We had purchased a little truck for The Princess Bride back in 1996, and paid it off in less than a year. So when we sold it last year, you'd think we'd have the pink slip. Yeah, not so much. No prob. I just had to call Ford Credit for a lien release. They were SO-O helpful, and two weeks later, I had the lien release, took it to the California DMV, and was told it needed to be notarized. You'd think people who daily deal with car sales would know that, but everyone makes mistakes so ... I called Ford Credit again. They were SO-O helpful, and two weeks later, I had the notarized lien release, took it to the California DMV, and was told it was incomplete because they didn't indicate which California county they were in when they signed the form. (they were in Nebraska, and although I'm no Miss Teen South Carolina, I don't think any of the California counties are in Nebraska) so ... I called Ford Credit again. They were SO-O helpful, and two weeks later, I had the notarized lien release, with the Nebraska county indicated, but the name of the original signer was not included. Guess what the California DMV thought of that? yup. So ... I called Ford Credit again. They were SO-O helpful, and two weeks later (today) I had the notarized lien release, with every stinking line on the form filled out. I'll be taking it back to the DMV tomorrow.

Ladies and gentlemen, place your bets.

No comments:

site counter

Powered By Blogger

Me (blah blah blah)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed