Friday, September 14, 2007

Um, your opinion, please...


After 3 weeks of Kindergarten, should we not be seeing more than coloring pages coming home? Oh, there's the occasional page on which C-Monkey has written his name, and once he had to match blue to blue and pink to pink. But otherwise, nada. When Quatro was a Kinder, he was already bringing home pre-readers. C-Monk has a long term sub, and although her classroom is quiet and under control, I'm not seeing much academically. Yes, he is a squirrelly little boy, but he's bright, and he is starving to learn.

Kinder teachers and moms, am I expecting too much too soon?
Edit: C-Mama points out the coloring pages also include KinderMath functions, like understanding order, placement by size and other algebraic stuff. So maybe I should relax...

2 comments:

Elissa said...

I would not be a happy momma and would probably be in for a visit with the teacher in a minute or two! Then again she'd probably do anything I asked just to keep me from showing back up with all four of my kids in tow!

Jessica (Probst) Eveland said...

I wouldn't be to happy either. Alanna's first day of Kindergarten she came home spelling "G-R-E-E-N, I know how to spell green, "G-R-E-E-N". I'm not lovin' 1st grade teacher yet - we're doing letter sounds!!!

site counter

Powered By Blogger

Me (blah blah blah)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed