Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Seen on my way to work...


I have a neurotic fear of driving behind one of these trucks when suddenly -- ping! -- the tiny little Barbie doll sized chains snap, and the entire load comes rolling down into my personal driving space. Hay trucks? Those flatbeds carrying a 47 foot-high stack of pallets? Logging trucks? Those monstrous trucks carrying sheep? My palms are sweating just writing about it!

You know the Bible has 365 "fear nots", one for each day of the year. If you come across the one that covers this particular fear, let me know. I'll be right over here, curled up in the fetal position, weeping quietly.

4 comments:

Jessica (Probst) Eveland said...

I'm always scared of trucks with long skinny poles laying on a flatbed. What if they stop really quick and I don't stop fast enough and one of those poles goes through my windshield and impales me.

Krista said...

I'm scared of flatbed trucks carrying sheets of glass. If the glass gets loose, I may end up decapitated! Thanks Debbie Ward for allowing me to watch "The Omen" as a child!

brian said...

I believe the clinical term for this irrational fear is losealoadaphobia :)

MamaSue said...

...so THAT'S why the Moms are always telling us to carry extra skivvies in the glove box! I thought we were supposed to keep them there with the granola bars to give to the homeless guy under Van Buren fwy!

site counter

Powered By Blogger

Me (blah blah blah)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed