Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Eight Days a Week

Last Sunday, I was enjoying a pleasant early morning conversation with The Princess Bride. Then it began:
1. TheEarly Warning System -- StoopidDog growls, jumps up, barks at seemingly nothing.
2. The Sound -- like seriously heavy trucks driving thru the backyard, followed by a CRACK.
3. The Ride -- rolling/shaking, and a little flippy-floppy stomach thing.
4. And finally, the ultimate SoCal game of Richter Guess. Was it a 3? a 4? It wasn't a 5, but almost. A dash to the CalTech website, and we learn this one was 4.7, a decent earthquake by anyone's standards. We can hold our heads up.

The rest of the week was earthquake-worthy as well. A friend lost his mother suddenly, while the ex-son-in-law and his new wife had a baby boy (weird emotions going on here). C-Monkey's Kindergarten teacher created her own Richter scale, giving me the daily rating of his behavior. Mr Roboto began phase one of the homework battle: it's too hard or too easy or I'm hungry or I'm tired or I need a break (choose one).

Finally, Sunday morning the bookend earthquake hit San Diego, and although I am too far north to have felt it, San Diego is home for The Princess Bride, so I got the full report, numbers one through 4.

Quite a week.

No comments:

site counter

Powered By Blogger

Me (blah blah blah)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed